Homebase Prices

I keep a list of the prices Homebase charge for items I use regularly & charge out said items at 20% below their prices.

Homebase are so expensive I can make a tidy extra profit that way - obviously I buy from Toolstation, TLC or BM's etc. I don't buy vast quantities of anything, so I don't get special prices.

The list;

Straight compression fitting 15mm Elbow compression fitting 15mm Tee compression fitting 15mm

300mm flexible 300mm flexible tap connector 15mm service valve Washing machine hose Self cutting w/m tap Straight compression w/m tap 1 gang switch Pullcord switch Pendant lampholder 1200 x600 x12mm MDF Siphon Side fill valve Bottom fill valve Cistern Kit

Had a spare 10 mins today & was nearby, so I fought my way through the scatter cushions, pot plants & table lamps to update the list.

That lot would have cost the punter £140:18 at Homebase prices, £47:84 in the real world. Best part of 200% more expensive.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

OTOH they were easlily the cheapest source I could find for Stanley type sliding wardrobe doors and runners last year (admittedly during a sale)

Reply to
Newshound

Homebase is only a 10 minute walk from home for me. It's next to Sainsbury's. (When did they split?)

They've been here probably for the best part of 10 years, but I've never seen the place overly crowded. The staff always seem to outnumber the customers.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Red Millibland has his eye on you

Man at B&Q

> MBQ

Milliband should have his eye on Homebase - I undercut them by 20%.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Looks like they're using the Waitrose retail model.

Except Waitrose sells decent stuff.

Reply to
Mark

Not in my experience. The same stuff as everybody else but at inflated prices. I was in the other day to pick up a John Lewis order and Waitrose's special offer prices were still above everybody else's regular prices.

I found Waitrose's fresh food better than the other supermarkets'. However, even with my wife's staff discount, we rarely shopped there because of the prices. We only shop there now when in a hurry since it is less crowded and the queues are shorter.

Reply to
Mark

If you are talking branded goods, yes, if you are talking meat and vegetables yes, but if you are talking waitrose own brand items I find they are very good value for money.

And at least as SWMBO remarked, if you are in Waitrose in e vegetable sections and ask an attendant 'have you got any squashes' they don't mumble 'soft drinks are over there, madam'.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher