Homebase - Loft Floor Packs

Do Hombase do loft floor packs, 3 T&G panels about 3' long and foot wide, If so how much? Their web site is as much use as B&Q's...

Have a 15% off voucher for this weekend so if they have at less than =A36.30/pack they'll be cheaper than B&Q's or Wickes.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

WH Smith were handing out 15% off everything at B&Q vouchers the other weekend. Useable from 3rd to 19th March or something like that.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

The nearest Smugs is more or less the same distance away as Homebase/B&Q and are all town/city centre based so would have to pay parking as well as fuel to get there...

Anyone know about loft panels @ Hoembase?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The B&Q ones are 4' long I think. Make sure you compare the same lengths...

(Also I saw a 5 for 4 offer for them last week, but can't see it on the B&Q website.)

Reply to
BartC

1220 mm what ever that is in proper measurements "about three foot" is good enough. B-) A pack should cover about 1.2m^2.

I expect they all come off the same production line in the same factory anyway, just get a different insert in the plastic wrapper.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I'm going to be laying some of these 4x1' sections soon, across some 3x2s.

They'll be supported at each end, but can I get away with one 3x2 in the middle, or do I need two?

(This is for flooring the extremities of the eaves, with maximum headroom of

3', so no-one will be walking on them, just for storing junk)
Reply to
BartC

I know they used to - bought some there once many years ago. Whether they still do however is a different matter.

Reply to
John Rumm

Four feet to within 0.03 inches.

If you can get them up through the loft hatch, standard 8ft x 2ft (2440mm x 610mm) flooring chipboard sheets should be better value for money.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

That's what I got from Wickes. Green finish, quite hard and I found out by accident not too affected by water.

Reply to
PeterC

Green flooring chipboard is the waterproof version, although they have stopped colouring it green these days.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar
[4x1' T&G chipboard flooring]

Thinking about it, this stuff is 3/4" thick and only 4' long.

I'm sure supporting at only 3 points will be fine, and possibly even at just

2 points, perhaps with a few supplementary support blocks, but I'll experiment first...
Reply to
BartC

These panels are T&G on 4 sides, if you glue the joins & stagger them as in brickwork the joins don't need to be over a joist.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'll support mine such that the insulation going underneath them doesn't need to be cut along it's length. Which conviently is 400 (ish) wide so two supports in the middle of the board.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've done the maths on 8 x 4's and the floor packs are cheaper. I think I did it with 8 x 2's as well. At least at shed prices.

One also needs to factor in the lack of T&G all round and hassle of handling in the loft in relation to the direction the joists will be running.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yeah I'm pretty sure I've seen them in there fairly recently (this year) but didn't notice the price. If they are more than =A36.30 my 15% off everything voucher doesn't save me anything over B&Qs price of =A35.48/pack. (possible 5 for 4 offer excluded).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Are Homebase not in the 'phone book?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Wrong question.

Try: do Homebase employ anybody at the nearest store who is capable of responding to a telephone query with any degree of accuracy ...?

Reply to
Terry Casey