Homebase LED bulbs energy saving claims were misleading

The Medway Handyman

Quote:

However, the ASA said the ad did not explain what was considered a standard bulb, and it had seen no evidence that the average household had 25 Ecohalogen light bulbs.

I'm under the impression newer houses are getting worse for having the dreaded recessed GU10s. I know someone who had a barn conversion done about 10 years ago with 9 recessed GU10 fittings in the kitchen ceiling --- she's fed up with buying the filament lamps so frequently, but the recessed fittings are too tight to take CFLs. I'd recommend LED lamps, but I get the impression the recessed fittings are heavily insulated (for fire protection from the blasted halogens).

(Personally, I would never let anyone install recessed lights.)

Reply to
Adam Funk

Reply to
Adam Funk

I,ve got 6 x R63's with 40 watt bulbs in the kitchen. Bulbs been in over two years now, no replacements and give a very good overall light.

Reply to
John

R63s don't seem as bad in £/year as GU10s, but I'm surprised at the

2-year life (maybe 40 W ones last longer than 60 W).
Reply to
Adam Funk