Homebase Excel pneumatic hammer - any good?

The group's opinion of the Ferm 5kg hammer at £40 from Screwfix seems generally favourable, but I've just seen a pneumatic hammer in the Excel range from Homebase. It's 850W as against the Ferm's 620W and it's only £50. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of this, or of that range generally? It's something that I would use only occassionally so would save the cost of hire.

Phil

Reply to
Phil

Wattage is not a big issue for these sds drills. They tend to have lower speeds than conventional drills too.

Blows per minute is usually the one to look for.

I think the Homebase tools are just re-badged Nu-Tools, as are many of the tools at this end of the market.And for occasional use any of them would be fine. All things considered, the cheapest which comes with the most accessories is the one to buy.

dg

Reply to
dg

If there is a Makro near you, get the latest NuTool SDS that they are doing. It is 900 and some Watts and comes with a good case and bits. Mine cost £30 plus VAT

Reply to
Kalico