Home security - motion sensing doorbell type thingy

I'm sure I've seen these before, but now I want one I can't seem to find them anywhere. The thing I'm looking for is a bit like one of those battery operated wireless doorbells, except that instead of a pushbutton it has a movement detector (probably infrared). Anyone know where I can get one?

Reply to
Ben

OK, found something called a driveway alarm at

that looks suitable. Rather conspicuous looking though.

Reply to
Ben

"Ben" wrote | I'm sure I've seen these before, but now I want one I | can't seem to find them anywhere. The thing I'm looking | for is a bit like one of those battery operated wireless | doorbells, except that instead of a pushbutton it has a | movement detector (probably infrared). | Anyone know where I can get one?

PIR Alarm £14.99 Extremely simple to install and operate, this alarm incorporates a built-in passive infrared (PIR) movement sensor. The alarm requires 3 x AA batteries (alkaline recommended, Order Code AR43W) or a 7 -12Vdc mains adaptor (not included). · Battery operated - no wiring · Control panel with PIR movement detector · 10m range with 89° angle · Keypad access code control · Programmable exit delay · Panic button operation · Alarm or 'ding dong' chime · Powerful 110dB siren

Owain

Reply to
Owain

bit like those battery operated wireless doorbells). One unit sits outside detecting movement and sending a radio signal, the other unit receives the signal and goes 'bing bong'. I've now found the sort of thing at

called a driveway alarm, but it looks a bit more conspicuous than I was hoping for.

Reply to
Ben

How about the Friedland Libra with the SS 6500 Additional Wirefree PIR Detector (scroll right down to the bottom of the web page).

Reply to
Mike Clarke

"Ben" wrote | > | I'm sure I've seen these before, but now I want one I | > | can't seem to find them anywhere. The thing I'm looking | > | for is a bit like one of those battery operated wireless | > | doorbells, except that instead of a pushbutton it has a | > | movement detector (probably infrared). | > | Anyone know where I can get one? | >

| Thanks Owain, but that's not what I need. I need a two piece | thing (a bit like those battery operated wireless doorbells). | One unit sits outside detecting movement and sending a radio | signal, the other unit receives the signal and goes 'bing bong'. | I've now found the sort of thing at
called a | driveway alarm, but it looks a bit more conspicuous than I was | hoping for.

A-ha!

Wireless doorbell + PIR detector wired into push + bigger battery for PIR?

Or a bit more expensive, something from Maplin's radio control range like N45AU at

with your own choice of PIR wired into the keyfob transmitter. Keyfob appears to use 12V so same (bigger) battery should power PIR and keyfob.

Maplin.co.uk > Hobbies-Education > Hobbies-Education > RF modules.

If you can make it up, VF66W looks the cheapest. Small PIR for mounting in your own box at

(Standby current 300microAmps)

Owain

Reply to
Owain