Home delivery on Ikea kitchens ?

Hi, I'm considering buying an Ikea kitchen but before I toddle along single handed to the store can anyone confirm the ordering / home delivery system for kitchens. Is it a case of

1) Make a list of what I want, then at the store order and pay for it and leave it up to them to pick, pack and deliver

or

2) Make a list, find everything I need in the warehouse (or more likely half of what I need), load up 15 trolleys, drag them all to the till, pay for it, drag everything down to another desk (praying that no-one nicks what I couldn't manage on the first trip) and then arrange for it to be delivered

Thanks

Jim

Reply to
Jim

I've heard of more than one person having an incomplete order delivered from Ikea, and getting into an endless loop trying to get the rest. They've sworn that you should only ever "buy what you see" and take it with you.

Also be aware that Hell is a pleasant place compared to Ikea Customer Returns.

That said, I bought some Varde units, and I'm pleased with them.

Reply to
dom

Dependant on what range you want, this is usually the case.

Reply to
robin

Even though the range was available in store, this is what happened in our case - actually it was rather a painless experience - the guys delivered to a room of my choice and then helped me check that all the parts were correct (it took them over an hour to unload) - it was a large kitchen with around

200 items - not one part missing

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Pearson

Did you actually stand there and check every one of those 200 items? If you didn't then I'm amazed. We've had two IKEA kitchens delivered and both times a handful of items have been missed or picked incorrectly. Of course it's only a pain when the kitchen fitters arrive the next day and you have to drive to IKEA and buy replacements for them.

We had an hilarious debacle with a cooker hood that we ordered and paid for only to find out that it "no longer existed". An imaginary one was working its way through IKEA's system despite the fact that it had never even been manufactured... The end point is that we did get our money back after exhibiting a sense of humour about it - a smile is the lubricant that makes these things work out right in the end.

Z.

Reply to
Zoinks