Home cinema wiring

No, when I sold in 2008 I told the truth - numerous alterations done without consent. No comeback at all from purchaser. If there had been I would have offered to pay for a periodic inspection confident that all was OK.

Note that there is a Part P consultation out at the moment and scrapping it is not likely to be the result.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

I bought myself one of those for Christmas - big improvement over my old Denon amp and lots of inputs so my wiring and switching is much simplified.

Matt

Reply to
matthelliwell

AIUI it has a good DAC so it sounds better than most CD players and all TVs which tend to use cheap DACs. Its also a better place to put the DAC as you want to stay lossless digital until you get close to the speaker. I think its safe to ignore any advice that you want to use the analogue sound out of a tv, etc. if you have a good DAC in the amp, after all the only none digital sources most people have is FM radio with occasional record deck.

Reply to
dennis

One last thing before I let this topic go.

I mentioned that I was planning to put the screen on the chimney breast and I was slightly concerned about heat from the fire.

One way to solve this problem would be to use a projector near the ceiling on the opposite wall, which of course would have big implications for the wiring. Especially as you can apparently now get a wireless model like this...

thoughts on projectors versus ordinary screens? Bear in mind this is specifically a home cinema setup, not for casual TV watching.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

You can, but that link's full of it. Cat5 is rated at 0.5A per conductor, so one cat5 gets you 2A, a pair gets you 4A rating.

NT

Reply to
NT

Reply to