Hob location

I am at the kitchen planning stage, and seem to recall that there are limitations on fitting a hob beneath a window. As one wall of my kitchen is practically all window, this could be a problem.

Does anybody have a link to the relevant rule (if there is one)?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

New one on me although I can foresee problems if it is necessary stretch over the hob when in use to open a window, or the fire risk in relation to window blinds being near a source of heat, or if the window has to be used as a fire exit in an upper floor room. Obviously food splashes onto a blind instead of a splashback or tiled wall is not ideal.

Reply to
News Groups

Gas or electric? If it's gas there are rules on how close it is to combustible materials such as units mounted on the wall above which I guess (without digging out my CORGI crib sheet) would apply to blinds or curtains, but it's pretty much common sense really (FSVO common :-))

Reply to
John Stumbles

Yes, it's the one called common sense.

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Sounds like an app for metal slat venetians.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Or perhaps one could make a curtain out of a fire blanket or 2, then it would perhaps be launderable.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Wasn't common sense banned by Parliament? ;-)

Mark