Hmph.... plumbers

I've also heard it called a blonde moment.

And a Man Thing ...

I'm not a senior yet, nor blonde, nor male so I'll stick with blaming it on ageing.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Ah, thank you.

I'll try to remembe ... er ... I think I've already said that.

OK, I'll start a new list of Things To Remember in - um - I know I started one somewhere ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Know that. And others.

Didn't know that.

We still did it in the fifties. There are many others but computer acronyms seem to be restricted to e-mail. It's an interesting development.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

(oh, can I be fecking bothered....)

So RWD puts more braking force on the rear than FWD ?

Braking force depends on the cylinder size and rear cylinders have commonly been smaller than front cylinders since back in the '50s. If you did have equal braking balance you'd spin as the back end locked up.

Secondly, hydraulic limiting has been common since the early '60s. Minis had a fixed sprung-piston balance valve limiting pressure to the rear axle. My Fiat 124 (a '64 design) went a step further and had a similar valve controlled by the back axle position - as weight shifted forward and the rear axle went light, it reduced rear braking force to avoid locking the wheels up.

So what ? The regulations are there because they're there, not because asbestos is necessarily there. Besides which, the likelihood of encountering asbestos in the old shoes remained appreciable for a very long time after new pads had ditched asbestos. Even today there are still people driving Beetles with asbestos shoes in them.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

You might be bothered but you still know f*ck all about it...

Just how many years did you say you have been in the automotive trade / industry ?....

And just for your information the Mini is and always has been FWD !

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Andy, sorry to say this, but I love you :-))))))))))

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh be-have! 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I suspect that you know you've got me there.

Austin Powers???

Is that a new BMC marque?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Extended or Enhanced?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Strictyly speaking they're Abbreviations, not Acronyms. The latter requires it to be a word which TLA and MLA are arguably not. ;-)

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew J. Newton

Strictly speaking they're Abbreviations, not Acronyms. The latter requires it to be a word which TLA and MLA are arguably not. ;-)

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew J. Newton

Actually, really strictly speaking they're Initialisms Acronym = NATO Abbreviation = etc Initialism = TLA

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff