Hmmm! is that a con by Aldi?

they're offering a tile cutter next week based on the table saw they sold just befor xmas.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

We already know from previous offers that their marketing people are clueless.

If they don't shift the container load of junk they bought this time, the next offer is as a bacon slicer.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Very good. :-) No that wasn't in my mind at all - just the first thing that came to mind with a grocer selling machinery.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Dunno. In what way would that be a "con"?

They've a very good price for white spirit, BTW.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The table saw was 29.95GBP and is identical to the TC?(have to have a gander),changing the blade over on the TC for a wood blade will get you a table saw plus TC in one. ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

based on ? they are not even similar, but the same as the cheep tile cutters sold in the sheds for a few pounds less.

-
Reply to
Mark

That would make it a pro not a con.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

What label do I look for on the bottle - own-brand vodka?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yep for TC, but had I waited I could have saved 7GBP and got a TC&Table saw into the bargain.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Waiting is really effective. I've got a long list of tools to buy. My wife keeps telling me to wait. While I'm waiting I'm sanding the landing with an old Bosch orbital sander that has no dust extraction. At this rate I don't think I'll have to wait long. :)

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Own brand vodka?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I have a new Bosch sander and it is still dusty even with the dust extraction.

Reply to
dennis

And Vodka. Different bottle i think...?

Reply to
Adrian C

Hmmm... same joke done three times ;-)

Reply to
Adrian C

Life's a beach eh? The reality rarely matches the dream. I spent an age saving for a facelift and at the celebratory meal after the op, stabbed myself in the throat with a forkfull of turkey twizzler and baked beans.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Must be a good 'un.:-)

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Mike Halmarack saying something like:

Ah. That explains why so many people talk out of their arses.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Especially after eating garlic.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

In message , The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote

If it's any good it will be either:

i) never delivered to your local shop. ii) sold out by 9:05 on the first day that's it is on sale.

Reply to
Alan