Hitachi Cordless from RS

Got a flier with my delivery today.

Hitachi 14.4 cordless drill driver with hammer action. Three batteries. And a 112 drill and bit set.

149 squids plus VAT. Looks a bargain.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dave Plowman (News) has brought this to us :

They are absolute rubbish!

The batteries self discharge very quickly and have little capacity.

They are no better than the £30 cordless drill sets you can get at the larger car boot sales.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Or the set of 1 cordless, 1 mains and 200 bits I bought recently from argos at 24.99?

Mr F.

Reply to
Mr Fizzion

Please try convincing mine :-( (Then I can justify buying a new one) Im still using a 7.2 volt one that's now over 19 years old on I think its 4 set of battery's Last set of battery's were from Lidl at 4.99 Which incidentally they have a cordless drill on next week so normally do spare battery packs if anyone has a dead bat pack and can use a soldering iron.

-
Reply to
Mark

Mark pretended :

I have had the Hitachi about 12 months and a £30 car boot special offer (one from a pile of new ones) about 24 months, both have had a similar amount of use. The Hitachi is flat if left unused, uncharged for 14 days. The £30 one has been left untouched 6 months and still has a usefull charge in it.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Rapid hardware, Liverpool are selling the DeWalt 14.4volt for £49.95 normal price around £150 mark. :-)

Reply to
ben

Since when are Hitachi rubbish? One of the top brands IMO.

I sell stuff to hire shops and something I've learned is that, if they use stuff in the hire fleet it has to be very good indeed. Loads of shops have Hitachi in the fleet.

Interstingly, lots of hire companies are happy to sell DeWalt but I can't think of any that keep them in the hire fleet.

Bosch, Makita & Hitachi are the three most popular IME.

Dave

Reply to
david lang