Hissing heating

When my central heating is working I can hear the water going through the pipes, it sounds like a hissing noise.

It is a combo boiler with mainly 22mm pipework reduced to 15mm for each radiator.

Is there anything I can do or add to the system to reduce this noise ?

Sam Farrell

Reply to
Sam Farrell

Quite a bit of the noise may be coming form the TRVs which are now shutting down.

Turning down the pump in the boiler may make things quieter but may be any of the following:

1) Contrary to the manufacturers regs. 2) A source of kettling noise in the boiler. 3) Reduce the DHW perforamnce (to an even lower level)
Reply to
Ed Sirett