Hiring out private power tools etc

A few months (or more) ago, I remember a thread discussing how it would (or wouldn't!) be a good idea for diy-ers to be able to hire out power tools to each other, bypassing the exhorbitant hire fees of HSS etc and being able to make a few quid on the side out of kit that isn't being used. ISTR people reckoned they wouldn't be willing to lend out their precious tools to any old unknown, and that there would be insurance/liability issues? (can't find the thread now).

Anyway, i was interested to come across a newish website today called zilok.com, where apparently you can do just this! They do all sorts of stuff, not just power tools - of which there are apparently only 5 to be had in the entire country at the moment!:

knows why anyone would want to hire out their DeWalt cordless drill driver to a total stranger for 5 quid a day, but someone apparently does!

Will be interesting to see if the concept takes off; however I can't see power tools ever being the best category for it.

David

Reply to
Lobster