High teperature paint

An Indian chef I know asked me about finding a high temperature paint for a cooker top. I did a google and came up with some spray paints that can survive 600 degrees C but they are all sprayable and he wants one that can be brushed on. My googling for this type of paint has been a bit vague in the hits for brushable ones.

He wants a silver, or light grey finish.

Can anyone help him (and me find what he wants.)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

This (in black) will get you up to 650 C so they say:

think we used to call it 'pot black' in the old days.)

There used to be other colours of engine paints - I tried 'silver' on the Duke once, but it tended to go black when rubbed against anyway.

Halfords say this stuff works on exhaust manifolds - mind you, my old BSA ones used to glow red, so I think that may be pushing it a bit.

Spamlet

> (I think we used to call it 'pot black' in the old days.)

He only wants a bright finish like silver or aluminium.

I don't get to see him every week day, so coms are on the slow side between us.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

>>> (I think we used to call it 'pot black' in the old days.)

Sorry but on this one even Google has me beat. The brushing paints to 650C all (not really surprisingly) appear to be black. The other colours are all spray enamels and all seem to be about half this temperature. Even zinc exhaust paint only seems to be used on the cooler parts of the system.

If he means he's worn through the ceramic enamel on the hob itself, then he needs, either to buy a new hob, or find a local *vitreous* enamellers such as:

Spamlet

once or twice a week.

Dave

Reply to