high level cistern

Hi,

I need to move our old high level cistern, which is currently mounted on the wall to one side of the toilet, to the wall on the other side. The existing flush pipe is lead. I assume that re-using the existing lead pipe is not an option. Does anybody know of anywhere where I can find copper or steel tubing and fittings to replace the flush pipe? I have seen complete flush-pipe kits in plastic, and Thomas Crapper's do brass pipes, but these require the cistern to be mounted behind the toilet, rather than to the side. I can even find copper piping in large diameters from metalsupermarkets.com, but don't know where to find fittings for these diameters (2" and 2 1/2"). If I could hire a pipe bender that would cope with these diameters, I suppose I could do the whole thing in one piece... any thoughts?

Cheers

Tom

Reply to
tomw

Could you not put a low level cistern in?

Reply to
Dave Jones

You can get "three part" plastic flush pipes that allow side mounting. I got one and spray painted it with Halfords own brand "chrome", which has a nice metallic "new lead" look.

Reply to
Jim Easterbrook

As it's hardly drinking water :-) why not keep the lead?

Reply to
Peter Andrews

thanks for all the replies. I only want to keep the high level cistern for aesthetic purposes, and I'm not sure that the painted plastic will do the job. Having thought about it a bit more, re-using the lead pipe isn't an option even if I knew how to work with it, as the cistern can't be lowered any further than its current position so there's no margin for waste/error.

Reply to
Tom W

Is the wall a stud partition wall? If so could you run down in plastic inside the wall? Toby

Reply to
Toby Sleigh