High Density Polyethylene

I have been asked if I can make some play panels for my sons nursery. They want different shapes/designs that are obviously child safe. The panels can be seen in most parks that have modern play equipment for the kiddies. I have posted a link to a play equipment manufacturer

, I am looking at using the material that the 'No. 8' panel is made from. According to their web site the panels are made from HDPE. Does anybody know where this can be bought in sheet form and in different colours?

I know this is probably a long shot but any help would be appreciated.

TIA

John

Reply to
John

Try yellow pages under plastics suppliers. We use the stuff for table tops in a clean room and that is all we did to find a source. It usually comes in

8ft x 4ft sheets, but, for a price, they will cut to size. A sharp router can be used to machine off any saw marks and to put a radius on the corners.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

For something indoors how about

? You can't see very well from the pictures on the site (above and e.g.
but the material is a very attractive (IMHO :-) multi-colour-flecked board.

(If you go to the AT centre in Machynlleth you can see it for yourself.)

Reply to
John Stumbles

PLastic with paper filler, which is what that is, will be a fair bit weaker than just plastic. But why do you specifiaclly want HDPE? There are loads of plastics to choose from. Another option is stockboard.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton