Hexagon

It may only be a replica, but I've just built one of these....

're talking 1960s.... (I built the front panel too)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Spent many a happy hour of my late childhood drawing all sorts of things in it. I can never get my head round the idea that such a program isn't a mandatory part of an OS. That or a real time memory hex editor (anyone remember the one that came with the Watford Electronics Shadow RAM board for the Model B?)

Another vote. That throws the rest of my afternoon out while I try it then!

Reply to
Scott M

looks as if the cream is now internal.

Reply to
PeterC

No 'was' - versions of it are still being developed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's one of the reasons I still use a RISC OS machine. CAD progs that do the same (and more, of course) are just to complicated to bother with for me. It's excellent for sketching out pretty well anything - if like me you can't draw freehand for toffee.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Piggin typical. Spent ages last night working out a cutting list to price the job up. Quite excited about doing my first hexagonal deck.

Lady rang me this morning to say she had changed her mind & wants a square one instead...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ask Drivel to work out the "across flats" on that one.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Waaaaa

Tell me it can't be so ...

Reply to
geoff

Do not Google for that

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Give her an extra two sides for free!

Reply to
Jules

This one looks better

ARWadsworth

In message , ARWadsworth writes

Reply to
geoff

With or without whipped cream?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Sod the Gurkhas. Look at what she does for Children In Need.

ARWadsworth

Would you give her 1?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

ARWadsworth coughed up some electrons that declared:

mmmm

And she shut Wogan up for 10 seconds - double bonus :)

Reply to
Tim S

Retro-technology as art - love it!

In the same vein, I've got a pair of HDDs (3.5" & 2.5") without lids mounted in a frame on the wall.

Reply to
Scott M

That's _new_ technology.

Wish I'd thought of that before I junked that 5.25 inch one last year...

And I always did want the big platter from a full scale head crash on a

14 inch drive!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I wrote one instead...

is an emulator of a GEC 4000 series minicomputer, in this case emulating a GEC 4160, which had one of the more interesting front panels in the GEC 4000 series (albeit, an optional extra at the time). The GUI front panel does actually work as it should (as far as I remember, anyway). The GEC 4000 series starts in 1972, although the GEC 4160 is about 1981.

The emulator has booted and is running OS4000, the main OS which ran on these systems. The system console is on the right, and a multi-access terminal on the left, where SMAN (system manager, a.k.a. equivalent of root) has just logged in.

I still have a real GEC 4162, which mostly still works (just the ethernet controller has died).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

14" winchester platter you say ?

Yeah, got one of those hanging up behind the fridge

Reply to
geoff