Hexagon

My brain has just frozen.

For a hexagon with each side measuring 1500, what would be the 'across flats' dimension?

I know its pie fag er indoors, but I can't get my head around it - I blame a long day in the sun.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Apply alcohol.

1299.04
Reply to
Onetap

Is is decking?

Can I have a prize?

Reply to
Tim S

Onetap coughed up some electrons that declared:

That's half the value

Reply to
Tim S

Ahem.

... x 2 = 2598.

Bums.

Reply to
Onetap

Dead right! Why people want hexagonal decks is beyond me :-)

Only prize I have is a TMH fridge magnet - any good?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Onetap coughed up some electrons that declared:

Never mind. I was trying to cut coving with a mitre block today. Turned 1m into powder trying to work out which way to cut the bloody stuff for an internal bend. 3D problems mess my head up good.

Reply to
Tim S

I'd got that far all by myself. Then my brain froze.

It would be trivial if could remember it all. Should have spent more time listening in class & less time passing notes to Julie Tolson...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman coughed up some electrons that declared:

Half-hex would make sense, on the back of a house.

Is it an island in the garden - or connected to said house?

Debbie Harry and a bushel of whipped cream out of the question then? But we like magnets too.

You should get a few made up with neodynium magnets as a joke item - see if the recipient can ever pull it off the fridge again.

You're name and number would remain with the customer, never lost.

And we could get into a whole world of angle grinder skits :)

Reply to
Tim S

The Medway Handyman coughed up some electrons that declared:

Hope she was worth it...

Reply to
Tim S

Right down the bottom of the garden. To house a hexagonal pergola.

I thought I was the only one with that fantasy?

I'll pop one in the post. If I knew your address.

That was the concept in the first place. And it works.

As if we need help :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

30 years on, you might want to stick with just the whipped cream actually :-(
Reply to
Lobster

What about whipped cream and Julia Bradbury aka Walking Man's totty.

gunsmith

Not as accurate as calculating, but a simple vector drawing prog should give you the answer - Draw on this old Acorn did it in seconds.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

She don't look bad for 64.

Reply to
Huge

That reminds me! Dave, or anyone who knows !Draw, have you ever seen a decent Windoze equivalent?

Reply to
Scott M

said to be based on !Draw, but I haven't really tried it. But I used an add on prog to make the hexagon - called Drawlots. That wouldn't work with Inkscape.

Of course you could buy Virtual RPC which allows you run pretty well any RISC OS prog on a PC - think there's a free version too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dave Plowman (News) coughed up some electrons that declared:

Reply to
Tim S

Blimey. A blast from the past. !Draw was great, wasn't it?

Inkscape is about the best current replacement, although it's never felt as natural to me.

Google Sketchup is worth investigating as well.

Reply to
Jim

Ta, I shall give it a bash.

Hah, can beat that - I've got my old A3000 in the garage (having been evicted from my mum's house where its spent many a long year) if I had space to set it up!

Reply to
Scott M