Here we go then ! Finally opening on Monday ....

Is that a wave of an Angle Grinder?

Reply to
Adrian C

Glad somebody got it, I was beginning to feel old...

Fred

Reply to
FredCarnot

Either that or a Screwfix catalogue

Reply to
FredCarnot

That's it - back cover of the current SF catalogue.

Reply to
Tim Streater

secret

Rolled up with a white carnation in your left lapel.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Hasn't been so far. A chain that we know that does a similar product, uses the exact same (cheap) blender, and when they fail, they just chuck 'em away, but keep the blender jug. That then allows them to build up an excess of jugs compared to blenders, so they can just rotate them and stack them when it gets busy. If it gets to the point where three blenders can't cope, they are cheap enough that you just get another.

Daughter says are you a suit and moustache ? If so, she remembers which one you were. She used to be very good at remembering the customers, and what they ordered, when she was 'front of house' at our previous cafe.

You only catch me in there briefly on a Wednesday evening. If I was up there every night, I'd be even fatter .... ! :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I'll tell her to look out !

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I was surprised no one else had. I thought we were all grumpy old sods on here ... d;-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I hadn't thought of it that way, sounds like an excellent plan actually. I guess something like the ones the "Will it Blend?" guy uses are rather more expensive.

Close!

Where was that if you don't mind me asking?

:0)

Reply to
FredCarnot

Presumably, as you declared yourself "local-ish", I think it was, you know Welly reasonably well ? The Embankment. Triumph M/C garage. Bestbuys camping and outdoor shop. Opposite. Pumphouse Cafe. Maybe you used to go there ? Although if you did, the daughter would probably have remembered you when you came in the new place. We also had Espresso, just off The Square in E.B. Opposite Tower Home & Garden (which sadly closed down last week after at least 35 years that I know of). That was a very useful place for hardware and fixings and wood and so on, until the last owner got his hands on it, and tried to turn it into a mini B&Q, ditching all the 'by-the-shovelful' pet supplies, and 'rummage-for-yourself-with-a-brown-paper-bag-and-then-tell-me-how-many-you've-got' screws and nails, and the " 'ere Dale, cut us a coupla feet of that" timber yard. Locals never really took to him, and you know what a village is like for that sort of thing ...

We sold both cafes within about a week of each other, nearly a year ago now, to finance this venture. It has taken this long to get through all the red tape of planning and securing the lease, and getting the building conversion work done, and getting the gas supply in, and the new electricity supply in and so on. In contrast, all the interior fitting and plumbing and so on that we did ourselves, took about six weeks. The counter took me about 4 weekends and a few evenings at home, and then a couple of full days and a few evenings on-site to complete.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I rarely go into Welly these days. I know Bestbuys, but not been in there for some years, I think the garage was a VW dealer. Have used the picture framer there, but not, sadly, the cafe.

Been to the Barker's factory shop there. Good shoes, lasted for years.

Oh yes

Good luck. I'll pop in again sometime.

Reply to
FredCarnot

Picture framer was exactly opposite us. Garage was a V-dub dealer before Triumph M/C

Entrance to Barker's is across the street, down a little further. If you haven't been there for a while, probably worth a look. They have a nice retail outlet and new factory there now. Well, I say new, probably been there 10 years now. Boy, how time flies ...

Look forward to having you in

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

"Can I do you now sir"

Owain

Reply to
Owain

No, sorry. You've lost me on that one. Probably having a thick senior moment ... :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

You didn't listen to ITMA?