Hep2O copper pipe end protector

I want to link some Hep2O to copper, so what about the copper pipe end protectors mentioned here:

product code HX61).

Since noone seems to sell these am I right in assuming they are not necessary??

TIA

Mr F.

Reply to
Mr Fizzion

What they do is stop swarf snipping the O ring as you push on the fitting. If you ensure there is no swarf at the end of the copper you can get away with it.

Don't use the Hep2O slimline fittings. They are not dismountable, and are prone to leaking more than the other types. I know many sites where they have thrown away 100s or 1000s of these fittings, all new, and moved to other types. They just don't trust them.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

If you use a tube cutter rather than your hacksaw, there won't be any swarf or sharp edges to cut the O-ring.

Reply to
Andy Hall

10 out of 10. He has figured that out. Well this is the Internet. Well not exactly as the odd bit of swarf (do you know what swarf is?) can still be hanging around after using a wheel cutter.
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Not if you do what you are supposed to do and use the end of the tool inside the end of the pipe. This may need reading of the instructions to understand, though.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Doesn't always take it off, that is why Hep has these plastic copper pipe inserts.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Curious. Through care and following instructions I've never had any problems with this or with plastic plumbing in general.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I used them. Go on, do the job properly!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I've never used them, and never had a problem with copper pipe in pushfit.

Reply to
Grunff

But you have only ever done about 10 joints.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

...until.....

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Until I finished the job, and still had no leaks.

Reply to
Grunff

Actually quite a lot more than that. Considering your track record with plastic plumbing and hacksaws, you're not really in a position to comment......

Reply to
Andy Hall