help with rain water...

Hi, Have a problem that needs solving. The situation is that we have the rain water from the back of the house being directed by a soak away pipe (One with holes in bottom and gravel underneath) into our pond. Since the last rain we had it filled about 1 ft and hasn't fallen an inch. But the problem is when it rises above the pipe level it simply drains away out the pipe to soak into garden so the level never stays high, What I proposed was she following:

Dig down near the pond where the pipe from the house runs and fit a drain, so the pipe from the house comes in the bottom then one to the pond goes out higher then one slightly higher as a soak away in another direction, The fall from the house I would say is around 1m

Can anyone see any problems with this method, Cheers for help Oli

Reply to
The Question Asker