Help with pipe connector - Urgent

Hi

I have bought a power washer and am having trouble sourcing a connector to attach my water hose.

will see from this image the inlet for the water intake - can some advise what connector I need to connect a main garden hose to this

thanks in advance

vince

Reply to
vincentwonnacott.pcmgroup2007

I spent 30 years selling pressure washers and I've never seen an inlet like that - almost all are 3/4" BSP male threads, which a Hozelock tap connector will fit.

What make is it? Did it not come with any inlet fitting? It should do.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

vincentwonnacott.pcmgroup2007

On 12 May 2007 05:37:04 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" mused:

Is there a bit missing? Do the instructions mention any adapter that's meant to be supplied?

For pressure washer bits, hose connectors etc... there's a decent hose and assemblies supplier near here, I just take a hose\pump\pressure washer etc..., with or without fittings, and they sort it all out. Anything like that near you?

Reply to
Lurch

No if you look at the pdf there is no indication of a connector...it just shows a hose connecting direct...

Do you think a plumb centre or similar?

v> On 12 May 2007 05:37:04 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" > mused: >

Reply to
vincentwonnacott.pcmgroup2007

On 12 May 2007 06:35:14 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" mused:

No, not Plumb Center. You'd have to find a proper mechanical hose\pipe assemblies place. The one here is called Euro Hydraulic Services I think, look for something similar.

Reply to
Lurch

Might it take the slightly different US fitting shown at the second left of the bottom row at

(Water Hose Nipple & Coupler)

Reply to
Peter Parry

================================== I think a Hozelock adapter will help but it's a bit of a bodge. The bit you want is the white bit in this picture:

adapter is about 15mm x 32mm diameter with a male thread (which looks like it should fit into your washer)at one end and the other end will accept the male thread of a standard 15mm compression fitting. Use without the olive and nut.

The Hozelock adapter is already fitted with a sealing washer in the female end. You would have to use a length of 15mm copper and a Jubilee clip to fit to the end of your hose to the other end of the 15mm compression fitting.

Very much a bodge, I think, but it should work.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

That looks like it takes a male Hozelock fitting:

Item 2289 Hozelock Accessory Adaptor - Threaded adaptor with male connector. Converts female threaded accessories to male end.

Better quality fittings available in brass from other suppliers.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Spot on Peter, I reckon that's exactly it. The machine is of USA origin going by the manual & that Northern Tools sell them.

Never seen a machine with a female inlet before - all the UK & European ones have a male.

Bet the OP needs to use it this weekend :-(

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

What the pdf shows is a hose with a male threaded fiting & a hose tail.

You need a hose supplier as others have said, highly likely to be 3/4" bsp still.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman