Help with lighting switch wiring

I am in the process of updating some of my light switches with X10 dimming modules. Everything has been fine up until now - all light switches have had live and switched live that simply get connected to the X10 module and then I connect to a new momentary switch.

I have just taken apart a dual light switch, each switch controls a single light. There is no secondary switch to control these lights.

There are two runs of cable, the first cable has :-

1 * red (r1) , 1 * black, 1 * earth

The second cable has :-

2* red (r2 & r3), 2 * black, 1* earth

The wiring in the switch :-

R1 - B1Way

R2 - AComm

R3 - BComm

Bcomm is connected to ATWay using another red cable

All 3 black cables are joined together.

What I am looking for is to simply get a live and switched live for each light switch so that I can add the X10 modules.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Reply to
graham

Cup of coffee, and a few minutes later and it all makes sense.

R3 is shared live. R2 and R1 are switched lives for each light :-)

Reply to
graham

Yup. The unusual thing is the feed has been brought to the switch - hence all the blacks being paralleled. Is it for switching table lights rather than overheads?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)