Help with leaking Aqualisa shower

I have an Aqualisa Thermostatic shower running off a Combi boiler. It is about 13 years old and the thermostatic cartridge was replaced about 6 years ago. I note from Andy's post a little lower in the board that it is probably time for another replacement !
However, it was functioning fine until a week or two ago when I noticed it was dripping from the barrel. I assumed that the gasket had gone, ordered a replacement from (the excellent) Aqualis spares Dep. I took the cartridge out, cleaned it all up and refitted with the new gasket, and guess what - yep still leaking. Repeated the operation - with no improvement. It seems to be coming from around one of the 4 screws holding the cartridge in place & It is getting worse.
So my dilemma is... if I replace the cartridge at 100 will it cure the leak ? i.e. are the units prone to cracking and leaking (I cant see anything). Or is it possible that something else is causing the leak ( e.g.warped unit) ?
Thanks for any help. comments thoughts and advice.
-- John B

It could be

Whereabouts from the barrel? Where it meets the back part or around the spindle.

IIRC, the cartridge is made with two sections riveted or possibly welded together. I have never drilled one to look inside but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a seal in there that is failing.
Mine started leaking around the spindle in the centre, and I am pretty sure that there is an O-ring or something in there.

I would call their technical dept. I found them pretty honest and not suggesting a new cartridge when it wasn't necessary
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I have had one of these showers for about 20 odd years. I find I have to replace the cartridge about every five years. Each time I think about ripping it out and installing something simpler, but it would involve such a lot of work, and I'm getting too old to be laying on the floor trying to get to the plumbing behind the bath. Previously when it failed it would not turn off fully, but this last time we were getting a leak around the spindle, as Andy mentions. Sorry I can't offer you a solution other than to repeat Andy's suggestion to contact Aqualisa technical dept.
Ed
Ed Rear wrote:

Thanks Andy & Ed.
I feel more reassured that buying a replacement cartridge will cure the leak - and its replacement is "overdue" !!
John