Help with cooker fault

My daughter's partner has a Electrolux Premier oven and a separate hob. The oven is not working.

Apparently it is fed from one cooker control unit - along with the hob. This makes me wonder if there might be some fused distribution link somewhere at the back that might have failed. --- or would the electrician have taken 2 tails from the oven and hob respectively and put these into the cooker control switch?

The installation is 'builder's original' from about 10 years ago.

The clock isn't working - it seems a total failure. Normally the clock needs to be set after a power-cut in order to make the oven operate. Currently the clock will is in darkness.

Any thoughts on what I might be up against if I haul myself 12 miles north to take a look?

Reply to
John

Hi First check the timer on the oven some ovens have an on/off switch built into the timer control.If it has knurled control rods to set the clock try pushing them in. As for wiring both together you say 'Apparently' if so then check the connections at the cooker unit (it goes without saying Turn off the mains first). This however is not the norm most single ovens are less than 3kw total so can be fed from a 13a fused spur (or dare I say socket). I recall various house builders in the late 90's specifying a separate oven feed on their premier properties and also separate gas connections for split oven & hobs. Either way first check to see if any breakers are out then check fused spurs near the oven & the cooker unit before removing the oven. Others on group may have more ideas or know the specified appliance. HTH CJ

Reply to
cj