Help with bearing for chop saw.

The bearing has gone in my chop saw, its a B&Q £40 cheapie however I would like to replace the bearing if possible. Any ideas where I could source and how to measure the ball race?

The pictures show where it is located (2) and the part that fits in to it (1) There are still some ball bearings in there that I need to fish out but the gears appear undamaged.

The metal parts are whats left of the bearing shell.

Pics.....

ss

Bearings are specified by bore, Outside diameter and width. Nearly always metric these days and integral numbers of millimeters on all dimensions.

Readily available on line - ebay or bearing boys or ArcEurotrade or simply bearings etc etc This looks to be a high speed application on the motor shaft so get one with a ZZ or 2Z suffix - this has metal shields rather than rubber which are RR or 2R and seal better but have higher friction and hence a lower speed rating.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

t by this site

Get the bearing out and take it to your local bearing/seals shop. They will sell you a replacement, no problem.. If it's aluminium, heating it helps to get the outer bit out. Sometimes they glue them in which can be a problem.

Reply to
harry

Thanks bearing out and now ordered.

Reply to