Help with Baxi Combi 80e...

Ok well technically this is not so much a DIY question but hear me out!

I'm living in rented accomodation and our boiler is the aforementioned Baxi piece. We've had an ongoing fault now for over a month which is driving us insane - in short, the boiler will just not fire up. You switch it on, you hear the fan spin up and down, various things click and clunk inside and after about 4 or 5 of these attempts the fan warning light eventually comes on and is then joined by the flame warning light. You can reset it, it will try again, and the same result.

The engineer comes out, messes about with it, it works for 3 or 4 days, and then does the same again. Sometimes, if it is feeling charitable it will come on long enough to get some heat into the property and allow you to have a shower but invariably it will not - i've just spent the past 30 minutes standing in front of it waiting for it to go through its failure cycle, hit reset, and on and on. Sometimes it will misbehave for a day and then work again for a few days like nothing ever happened. So to call this an intermittent fault would not be too far wrong.

The plumber / installer says that he feels the circuit board / control board for it is at fault and should be changing it whenever they he feels like getting his behind round here to do so but does anyone have any great 'quick tips' for this boiler that we might try in the interim? I'm getting sliiiightly fed up with not being able to WASH now.

Thanks.

Reply to
jim.taylor

By the sound of your posting you are not very competent with the operation of the boiler and i sugest you contact a better gas fitter than yours and I would not mess with what you dont understand as it could be dangerous.Sorry I thought this was a diy site... In my opinion this type of repair should be left to competant trained people. .... this is only my opinion and an expression of uk-d-i-y

pete

Reply to
gasman pete

Whilst this is inconvenient to you it's not actually your problem to fix. The problem sounds like it might be any one of a number of things. Though ignition and APS problems are firmly in the frame.

You should persist with asking your landlord to send output someone who _can_ fix it. If the Landlord is uncooperative then as a last resort you can write to the Landlord detailing your difficulties and explaining that if a competent boiler technician is not forthcoming you will be forced to supply your own. IF the Landlord still does not get someone in then you can deduct the cost of the technician you employ from the rent.

HTH

Reply to
Ed Sirett

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: ...

You might try Baxi technical support whose number should be on the back of the installation manual. They can also fix it at a fixed (although high) cost.

Bart

Reply to
Bart