Help With a Shower Problem

Hello,

I have a MIRA Advance Thermostatic electric shower. The shower has just started to make a strange noise when you switch the unit on. The sound is similar to a buzzing sound. The unit is less than a year old.

Any ideas what may be causing the noise. What should i look at when I open the unit up?

Cheers

Reply to
Rakster

You might not have to open the unit up. Try gently twisting the cover to see if it stops the noise. If this doesn't help, then you'll need to take the cover off, but remember to switch off all the electrical supplies to the shower before you start, and make sure you put something over the waste hole in case you drop any screws down it.

The casing might just be loosening off in different weather and temperature conditions. The heater tank inside might be coming loose for the same reasons. Another culprit is hard water clogging the supply pipework and making the solenoid valve vibrate more than it did. Or that the whole water pressure from the street has been changed slightly which causes the same thing to happen.

So it might not be your shower that is at fault here and you should try everything else before you start to open the casing.

Reply to
BigWallop