Help with a leak.

I would look at the tile grouting too.

Reply to
harryagain

This is my sons newly bought house, after moving in and removing a fitted wardroble he discovered a damp patch on the wall. The other side of the wall is a shower room. It needs to be sorted but cant decide if it is the shower taps or the drain that is the fault.

I am hoping from the pictures someone may spot a clue.

I dont have access to the house (abroad)

He doesnt know about the build ie has the wet room got a membrane under the tiles, He thinks the walls are solid (ish) that is, not plasterboard.

Any thoughts on how best to tackle this or establish where the leak is coming from. He did say since removing the wardrobe the damp patch on the wall is drying out, so maybe that points to a leak at floor level and with no circulation it was rising.

ss

I would not expect a leak at floor level to climb in a nice vertical column. However, a leak at around the shower tap level could run down that way, so that is where I would look.

Reply to
Nightjar

Yes, the screw fittings on the pipes going into the back of the mixer bar would be the first place. With luck the two end covers should come off quite easily and you might find which is wet. Other possibility is water from the shower getting through the cutout in the tiles. Easy test of that is if the shower isn't used the wall should show signs of drying out in a day or so. If the leak is from the pipe connection it will stay much the same.

Reply to
Peter Parry

+1
Reply to
stuart noble

Ok here is a pic of the taps(after they have been screwed out from the wall) apparently they are both dry behind the caps although the shower has not been used for 2 days. My first thought is there should be a seal of some kind to seal the caps. Opinions..

ss