Help wiring up a CCTV camera

Hello,

I have obtained a CCTV camera, model Silent Witness V28RT and it cam with wiring diagram.

I have stripped it down and I was expecting be able to simply plug in 12v and a coax somewhere but to no avail.

What I have found is a 4 slot block connector with no labelling on and an 8 slot strip connector labelled as

N/U CASE - PWR + - AUD + - VID +

I assuming I can connect 12v DC to the one that says - PWR + and a coax to the one that says -VID +.

As I am a complete novice at this can I plug the camera staright into the back of my TV (and tune it in)

or am I missing a vital part on this

Any help would be gladly appreciated

Reply to
john Smith

Sorry that should have read

"came with no diagram"

Reply to
john Smith

If your TV supports 'composite' in, yes you can plug it in to TV or the Composite in of your Video recorder.

Reply to
ben

You might need to link PWR- and COAX-(screen)

You need to connect to the A/V (red-yellow-white phono sockets) or SCART on the telly and select A/V on the remote control. If you don't have SCART or A/V and want to use the aerial (RF) input, you'll need a modulator.

Maplin have SCART-phono adaptors and modulators (modulators about thirty green drinkie vouchers)

Owain

Reply to
Owain