Help! Topping up CH system (was Bleeding Radiators)

I just went round 2 radiators bleeding the air out of them. On the 2nd there wasn't much air at all coming out. On checking the combi boiler, the pressure bar has fallen to 0. It was only just over 1 to begin with.

What do I do now? Will it top up automatically somehow? How do I do it myself? Is it unwise/dangerous to put the CH back on now? What about using hot water?

Help!

Reply to
AberTech

There's a valve somewhere that lets you pressurise the system from the mains water supply.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Got it thanks. Just under the combi boiler...

Reply to
AberTech

This valve usually needs a bit of flexible pipe to connect it to a second valve on the mains water supply side. Once connected both need to be opened and the pressure restored. 1.2 bar would normally do when the water is cold.

It is then normal to both close off the valves and remove the flexible link

Tony

Reply to
TMC

I knew someone who knows what he's talking about would be along in a bit :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

Ours has a cool little 'key' thing which you insert into the filling section and turn to connect the cold supply to the CH loop, then open the valve and pressurise the system - no need to go hunting for the flexible hose :o)