Help to identify a plumbing thread?

Can anyone help me to identify a plumbing thread?

Here's a photo, the scale below is in mm:

've found one plumbing fitting that it fits, but I don't know what size that is either!

Pipe diameter is 0.51" (13mm), a 29/64" (11.5mm) drill bit is a loose fit in the female fitting, a 15/32" (11.9mm) bit doesn't fit.

TPI: roughly 6 turns in 8mm (from photo) is 19 TPI.

Any thoughts?

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Just had a thought, the fitting that fits it is a gas fitting.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Nigel.

1/4" BSP without a doubt. Major Dia 0.5180" Minor Dia 0.4506 19 TPI

Baz

Reply to
Baz

Many thanks.

Any idea where I can get a parallel M-M in brass, preferably with a hex nut in the centre - like the body of a compression fitting?

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Stainless would be OK.

BES don't seem to stock it.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

BTW, soon after your kind reply, I found this:

Nigel Molesworth

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 14:31:00 +0100, Nigel Molesworth had this to say:

Machine Mart do iron ones.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

That's a Table worth printing and keeping in your box. baz

Reply to
Baz

How about in black? BES code 6439 or galvanised 8641

Reply to
John Rumm