Help Speaker replacement advice needed

Hi, I found some old Marantz boxes in the attic. LD20 if that means anything to anybody anymore, probably not. 14" by 9" by 10" outside, 2 way, vented. Foam turned to dust on bass units.
Since all I have is two probably usefull ready-made enclosures my question is what speakers should I get to use there. Not expensive and available in UK. I would appreciate your recomendations.
The original tweeters might work but the quality? The mid/bass opening is 168mm, centre to centre is 143mm. All openings can be cut bigger, vent can be closed, etc.
Is there any info site where I can compare dimensions or find calculations to arrive at proper crossover frequencies. Maybe manufactors datasheet sites? My old ref books are gone and any math background I had went with them.
It was long ago since I DIY-ed speakers and the old favorites are irelevant today probably.
Thanks ayosha

They might be repaired. Check out
http://www.orangecountyspeaker.com /
ScottW

Give Wilmslow Audio a try:
http://www.wilmslow-audio.co.uk /
PoP

Try phoning Wilmslow Audio. http://www.wilmslow-audio.co.uk /
They can possible recommend a drop-in replacement that will work with the original crossover. **
If not, they could probably supply a matched set of woofer, tweeter and Xover which will fit the cabinet. All the designing you have to do is pick the right size reflex vent.
** It's a Marantz. It probably doesn't have a crossover :-)
--

Roger.

I'd say that buying a complete set of replacements will cost more than simply a new pair of speakers of equivalent or better quality. Unless you really like experimenting.
You might find a kit of speakers and crossover etc of the right size where you would normally build the cabinet is reasonable value, though.
Wimlslow Audio do such kits.
--
*I can see your point, but I still think you're full of shit.

I would recommend getting a copy of 'Winspeakerz' (It's not expensive) and using the library of drive units, (and your internal measurements of the box of course) to see which current bass unit gives a good response.
--
Chris Morriss