Help sourcing Coach Screws

Have a job that is screwed together with 1/2" hex head x 1/2" galvanized coach screws.

Having great difficulty finding coach screws this short .............. I could use 12mm metric, even pay for Stainless if need be ............. but in urgent need of 2 coach screws.

I can go as long as 1 1/34" but no longer ,,,,,,,,,, holes in mounting plates already exist for 1/2" screws ... so can't use smaller.

Anybody any idea where I can get them?

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Google......Modern Screws, Bexley, Kent

Reply to
Me Here

found them .. nothing showing on in-line stock, but have sent them an email

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Gee, 1/2" long means about 4 threads. Not much holding force.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Blimey - are they still there?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

yes ..but no joy on coach screws

Reply to
Rick Hughes

It's holding 2" thick plywood onto supports ... can't go longer as it would go through the wood ... can't use through fittings .... It came with 1 1/2" coach screws, just need to replace a few.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Ah, 1 1/2". I just saw the first reference (1/2" hex head x 1/2" ) and reacted. Should read whole post.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Just an update ... found them on "ironmongery on-line" very helpful company and fast shipping without rip off p&p fees

Reply to
Rick Hughes