Help recognising electrical plug?

Morning All,

I have a small part of a toy/model that plugs into a socket I don't have. Pictures here, with five pence coin for scale :

It seems likely that the manufacturer would have used a proprietary system, but I cannot see anything to match. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Reply to
News

The central pin and circle of other pins reminds me of a valve or relay base. Not sure I have ever seen any that small though.

Reply to
Nightjar

have a look at the Rapid Electronics website. There are a few that look very similar, but are photographed from a different angle.

charles

+1

Google images six pin plug / connector. There are lots of inline connectors which look like MIL-spec. Not so common to see the larger central pin. Image isn't quite clear enough to see the details.

Reply to
newshound

I think you mean

Malcolm Race

What sort of 'toy' is it, and do you know what the various pins on the plug are used for?

It looks a *bit* (but only a bit) like the sort of plug which was built into some older Garmin hand-held GPS devices - to provide external power and a serial interface to a computer - but that had smaller pins than yours, and no square ones, and the central pin - if present at all - was only for location.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I expect its proprietary. Have you uploaded the pics to google image search?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

That looks to me like the effect of flash photography. I can never understand why people don't take the hint and try again with the damned auto-flash disabled when they instantly see the disaster of a picture they've just taken.

Reply to
Johnny B Good

You'd be better off telling us what the "small part of a toy/model" is, and how you propose to wire up the socket, if that's what you're after.

Reply to
Dave W

In message , Johnny B Good writes

Sorry! The first image is without flash. However, I have written to the manufacturer - I was amazed to find the item on their web site, even though it is about 15 years old. I should have said manufacturer is US, so plug/socket may be something fairly common there, but not here.

Reply to
News