Help please in identifying a shower...

We need a new thermostatic mixer cartridge for our shower, (4 yrs old) but neither we nor our plumber (who didn't install it) the remotest idea what it is!

I wondered if anyone here might be able to identify it please!

?image=shower22gd.jpgThere are, of course, no identifying markings whatsoever.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Andrew

Reply to
Winelight

The black plastic 'o-ring' is I guess still the same part they use now

-- Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

It does look a lot like a Trevi, as mentioned before, but not quite like the Trevi Boost that I bought recently. I'm looking at the maintenance section of the model I've got and it and it says that the ceramic disc cartridge used is extremely wear resistant. Where there is said to often be a problem is in the check valve which can easily become limed up. I don't know if you have one of these fitted.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Thanks - That's what I need to know! I can go ask them now. Brilliant.

? When? I only just posted the query...?

Andrew

Reply to
Winelight

Sorry, what are the chances of that:

VisionSet

Heh! and just a couple of weeks ago too.

I've emailed the pics to Trevi and await their reply. Thanks again to both Mikes for the identification.

Andrew

Reply to
Winelight

Trvi Traditional No. 311

John

Reply to
John

Thanks, that's useful.

Andrew

Reply to
Winelight

Are you sure about this... I found this diagram of the 311 and it's not remotely like our shower, unfortunately:

particular, all the trevis seem to have this gearwheel arrangement and two valves for the inlet pipes, ours is completely the other way round with the thermostatic mixer cartridge connected to the two inlet pipes, and then a separate on/off tap at the top.

Andrew

Reply to
Winelight

Yes I was amazed to see you trying to do exactly what I posted about a couple of weeks back! Plumbers' merchants say it isn't a Trevi or indeed anything else they can identify. I've emailed showerdoc twice but have had no reply at all. When I get a moment I will call them. But do let us know what the answer is if you find it; I'll do the same for you.

Reply to
rrh

Well I have had no reply from showerdoc either.

But I did get a reply from showerspares.co.uk, to whom I sent the pictures, who believe it is a Trevi and have quoted prices for parts. Anyway, I have ordered the parts and will see what happens.

I note from your pictures (and the internal one that someone else posted) that although it does seem to be the same mechanism, there are styling differences.

Andrew

Reply to
Winelight

Called showerdoc today, re-sent the email and got a quick reply to the effect that they think it's a Bristan, are checking with the manufacturers and will let me know.

I'll keep you in the loop!

Reply to
rrh

I sent the pics to Bristan already, and they said it's not one of theirs.

Andrew

Reply to
Winelight

Actually I am pretty sure it is model 10608 from BES. I have ordered one of these (they don't do spares, you have to buy the whole thing) because they will do a refund if it turns out to be wrong and I have to return it (as will Trevi).

Andrew

Reply to
Winelight

Could be...difficult to tell from those line drawings BES use. I've noticed your backplate is squarer than mine, but the knobs look very similar - and with a more rounded profile than the BES part appears to have. But so what? If you could kindly let me know when it arrives whether the knobs fit onto hexagonal shafts 12mm across flats, it would help (and maybe save my day).

Reply to
rrh

Sure - if/when I find a definitive answer, I will come back and post it here!

Andrew

Reply to
Winelight

Showerdoc today say mine's not a Bristan after all, and are trying some other (unspecified) manufacturers. Sigh...

Reply to
rrh

It is indeed the BES one.

Both Bristan and Trevi confirmed it wasn't there. I ordered the BES (SOL) one. The plumber came today and fitted it.

(BES don't do spares: they reckon they're so cheap you just buy a new one and swap the parts.)

Andrew

Reply to
Winelight

I've drawn a blank everywhere else for mine so will try BES too.

Reply to
rrh