Help no hot water - Baxi Bermuda 552

Having a problem with our heating system. The central heating is working perfectly fine, however it is the hot water that we are having a problem with. When we fire up for hot water only, the burner at the back of the fire fires up, after a few minutes it goes out, the pilot light remains on. I am dying to have a bath but have no hot water, please help.

Cheers Jane

Reply to
steve.newsham

Then likewly cause is that water is not being circulated.

I'm guessing a lot here about the age of the installation (old) and how it works. I suspect either a two pump system with a failed HW pump (not common). Or a gravity HW (very common). This latter may well fail because there is not quite enough water in the heating circuit.

I would check that the expansion tank (the little one) has some water in it enough to cover the hole at the bottom of the tank and that the ball valve moves freely.

HTH

Reply to
Ed Sirett