Help needed with washing machine

Our Zanussi FJ1295 sometimes stops during it's cycle, I'd thought the problem was an intermittent mains switch - but the problem is still there after changing the switch :-(

FWIW SWMBO thinks it usually freezes between the C and D points on the cycle (this MAY be where extra water is added) and that if the timer is turned one click forward it then completes OK. My guess (based on nothing but intuition) is a dodgy water pressure switch but without any diagrams I'm in the dark.

Are there any wiring, flow or logic diagram anywhere on the web? Or is anyone old and wise enough to divine what the fault is?

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

Is the H&C taps fully open?

Reply to
George

Yes, no problem in that area (and the solenoid valves are working OK).

Reply to
NoSpam

Does it rinse ok? ie expell the dirty water sometimes a washing machines pump gets clogged? and whats the powder draw like? quite a number of women never ever clean these out and you get a lot of gunge build up. These are just checkable ideas mind and probably are not the fault? but you never can tell.

Reply to
George

Have a look/ask the question at

've had quick and accurate help in the past. Parts have been cheap too.

Thanks but everything is OK apart from the "stopping" problem.

Reply to
NoSpam

Thanks! I'd forgotten about that site.

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

You'll sometimes find the pipe to the pressure switch is blocked with gunge.

Reply to
Skipweasel