Help! My Ariston Fridge Freezer has died.....

I have an Ariston MBA4033 fridge freezer (16 months old). It died on me yesterday. I got home and there is no sign of life in it whatsoever. I changed the fuse and checked the wall socket and all fine so I presume its something further down the line. Any hints as to how fix to avoid the extortionate call out charge?

Reply to
samjbentley

I bought a TV from Argos. Sound died after 24months (It only had a 12month Warranty). I phoned their customer services and told them a TV should last considerably longer than 24months and the onus was on Argos to have it repaired. Every operator said that since it was outside the warranty period, I would have to pay. I wrote to their head office quoting the sale of goods act and that a TV should last considerably longer than 24months. I was then contacted by Argos 2 weeks later and told to pick a new TV free of charge.

You may want to contact the supplier (shop) of your fridge freezer and go down the same road. You have nothing to loose.

See Q3

No Thanks

I bought a 28" WS Sharp TV from Currys and the tube died after two years .With a bit of persistence on my part and the production of an estimate showing the tube was dead Currys paid most of the cost of a new TV after I pointed out that a TV costing £xxx should last longer then two years .It was done through their CS Head Office.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Good idea. I'd love to get in touch with the supplier, but it was a small local dealer that has since disappeared! Maybe the writing was on the wall.

Reply to
samjbentley

No problem. Escalate to the manufacturer

Reply to
No Thanks