Help identify this Freud Router accessory, please

Hi all I bought this Freud 'jig' from a car boot sale - it was only a quid so 'must be a bargain' ;-/. I was told it was a 'Router guide', which sounds plausible, but I can't work out how it's supposed to work, and can't find any references on t'interweb. Can anyone give an idea of how it might be used (I'm a naive router user) or point to a link when I can learn more about it?

Thanks a lot J^n

Reply to
The Night Tripper

It's _most_ of a dovetail jig, but it's missing the finger plates that should bolt on the top (usually a couple of different tail sizes).

Andy Dingley

It looks like a dovetail jig...

Its got the guide former missing though by the looks of it. You can usually get a variety of these for cutting dovetails or finger joints.

I would also guess there were supposed to be some other handles for rotating those cam bars a quarter turn - in effect quick clamping the work. You may be able to use it without those though just by tightening the the knobs.

This will give you some idea how to use it:

John Rumm

Hi John and Andy That's terrific - thanks for the pointers.

J^n

Reply to
The Night Tripper