help finding kitchen sink ?!

All, I am looking for a stainless steel sink to fit a 480mm x 960mm hole. Does anyone know what dimension of sink I will need for this ?? most web sites state the actual sink size - lots are 510 or 500 X 965. What will fit this hole ??

I think it works out to be sink size is same as drainer board size, plus 50mm all round.
So if the sink is 500mm X 500mm then you say that the drainer is 500mm X 500mm as well, then add 50mm all around these sizes for the roll that sits on the worktop around the hole.
The example here would then give you:
500mm sink + 500mm drainer + 100mm for the overlap = 1,100mm (1.1mtrs) for the length of the sink.
500mm sink and drainer + 100mm for the overlap = 600mm (0.6 mtrs) for the width of the unit.
Hope this makes sense. :-))
Dunno where you got the sizes from
If you only 'think' you know the answer why not leave it to others who 'do'
--
regards
Dave Batter

Now now children! Any more of this and you will have to go back to the caustic soda.

take another look at my reply to Neil Catleys's other post, a few above this.
--
regards
Dave Batter

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 01:31:53 GMT, "BigWallop"

I would have thought something like this might have been easily answered with a quick trip to a DIY shed where they've got sinks on display. A quick shufty with a tape measure and you've got the answer, shirley?
The store staff will probably be happy to help if there is a sale looking likely :)
PoP