Help- extractors into tank with gravel

I have just had a new bathroom and en-suite installed with extractor fans in both, when I have gone into the loft these are connected into a small black plastic water expansion tank with a lid. All that is inside is some gravel. There seems to be no outlet for air. Will this be sufficient? The main bathroom has an xpelair x100 nline fan that shifts quite a bit I believe.

Thanks

Freefall

!^NavFont02F013D0007MGHHH3FDD60

Reply to
Freefall

That's an awful idea! Presumably, the gravel is supposed to provide a large surface area onto which the water can condense, but you'll just end up with a load of wet gravel. It's really far better to vent to the outside.

???

Reply to
Grunff

============== Even worse, you could end up with a tank full of stagnant water which will eventually overflow. There doesn't seem to be much point in having the tank at all as the condensed water will eventually evaporate into the loft space as it would have done if the fan had vented direct to the loft.

Maybe this is a brilliant new idea that isn't yet in general use but it seems more like something from 'Builders from Hell'.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero