HELP - Confused - Laying Flagstones What Method

I wonder if any of the subscribers could offer some help PLEASE?

I am in the process of laying a garden patio 7.5 mts x 5.4 mts using manufactured type riven paving flagstone (five different sizes). I have dug the area out; have laid 150 mm of MOT, which I intend compressing.

However I am totally confused as to which method I should use to lay the flagstones.

Some people say to use a wet mortar bed and lay the flagstones individually as you go. Others say make a dry mix bed 5 sharp sand to one cement, then lay them on this. To confuse matters even more I am told to use a five spot mix, but then am advised this is definitely not the way to go as the flagstones are not in full contact with the ground resulting in cracking, water erosion, rocking etc.

Many Thanks.

Rick.

Reply to
Rick

Folk usually seem to get pointed to this for paving ideas:

Rusty