Help! BMJ Power alternative

Hi I have a Kress SDS drill which has a damaged gearbox, not hammering as it should though drilling fine. I have always dealt with my local BMJ Power outlet which has served me well. However it now seemes to be closed down and I am told they have gone bust. Can anyone recomend an alternative source for a gearbox and a replacement for BMJ? I am in Wiltshire.

Regards John

Reply to
J Rogers

For B&D and their other brandnames e.g. DeWalt I found a spares outlet on the B&D UK website. Its possible that one of those may have spares for yours because when I went in they had all sorts of other brands.. Mine was in North Baddesley.

Reply to
BillR

Where I work we used to deal with BMJ in Glasgow for any B&D repairs or spares, usually no problem but since they went bust the repair agent who took over in Scotland has been less than useless. We are B&D agents but we can't find anyone reliable to attend to warranty repairs. Quite frankly I wouldn't advise B&D diy tools to anyone for this very reason.

Reply to
scabby dug

replacement

BMJ also repaired DeWalt (B&D in yellow)

Reply to
IMM

Try one of these:

(1) Contact Kress direct, and ask them for their UK service agents contact details. E-mail and phone number are on the website:

Go to the website, find the parts you want, and the UK service agent will email you back a quote.

(3) Call your local Wickes and ask them for the contact details of their service agents for the Kress tools they sell.

(4) Call Southampton 02380 494300. I bought a Kress drill from Wickes a few weeks ago and a label with that phone number was stuck over the old BMJ sevice helpline number.

HTH,

Mike

Reply to
mike

I had/have the same problem but in the end bought a new one from Wickes as I have had such good service from it even though I gave it a good hammering

Reply to
ski