Hello looking for a flat

Hello i'm looking for a flat, for the summer season in london, do u hav that for a foreigner ???

Thanks

Dabu

Wrong kind of d-i-y ...

Reply to
Huge

Well I suppose we could advise him how to build one. He just might get it finished for the summer

dg

Reply to
dg

If he can leave it until about June time when the EU expands there will be plenty of labour available - might get it built in a day!

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at

apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!

Reply to
PoP

A DIY Flat is REALLY easy.....

Just stab a tyre with a big sharp knife!

Job done! (Not saying it has to be a big knife, just might be easier!)

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Have you ever tried to put a knife into a tyre?

Must admit that I haven't - but with all that steel mesh around the tyre it looks as though it might be a tad difficult.

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at

apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!

Reply to
PoP

Funny that, I heard the Screwfix MD had his tyres slashed recently.

Reply to
StealthUK

a knife into a tyre?

Not that I have done it either, but I expect the side wall would be a good place to try!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

True. Though if I was into this sort of thing I think I'd be inclined to put the bottom from a smashed milk bottle under the wheel so that when the car drove off the tyre would get wrecked from very sharp glass spikes.

Not that I'm suggesting anyone do this mind. I would be sorely tempted if John Prescott lived around here though - but the problem would be trying to figure out which car he was likely to drive next!

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at

apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!

Reply to
PoP

that's dangerous. the tyire might not go flat but blow at high speed.

sammi

Reply to
sam ende

I agree, as I said I'm not into this sort of thing.....

I've seen a couple of cars take a blow-out at speed, both on the front tyres. I've been very surprised that they've been able to control the vehicle.

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at

apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!

Reply to
PoP

no didn't think you were, just more there are idiots out there.

it's never happened to me so i've no idea if i could handle it or not.

sammi

Reply to
sam ende

I've had a blowout and subsequent detachment of the tyre from the rim on a Range Rover, on the A1(M) near Hatfield. It wasn't even remotely exciting.

Reply to
Huge

Same with a Triumph Toledo. Rear wheel blew out on the M6 at 70mph, rather undramatic despite the fearsome reputation of these cars for not behaving well in those circumstances.

Reply to
Steve Firth