heeellllppp - huge problems with shower :-/

Hi.

Having massive problems with Triton Millennium 9.8kW electric shower. It's been fine up til this week then suddenly the water pressure has dropped and we can barely get a trickle out of it. Of course, its out of warranty so no way are Triton going to come and look at it.

Pressure seems OK everywhere else in the house including the bathroom (toilet refills quickly when flushed, had to turn the valve on the basin down to avoid cold water splashing everywhere). Can fill a

10litre bucket in approx 1 min from bath tap...

Anyone got any pointers for what I can look at?

There is no cold water tank in this house, at least the one in the loft *looks* dry and I'm fairly sure there's no piping up to it. Central heating is fed by Baxi 80e combi.

Given that the shower could possibly be screwed, any pointers for what I should get it replaced by? The water pressure has never been that great out of the shower and I'm more used to the North American types that knock you off your feet...

Thanks for any and all pointers / suggestions.

Regards Garry

Reply to
Garry Knipe

Does the water flow faster when turned to the coldest setting? Or is it just a trickle at all speeds. Should be mains fed anyway so the tank is a red herring.

General advice is to use the combi boiler to heat the shower - you get better flow than through an electric shower. Just uses your normal hot and cold feeds as both are at mains pressure.

HTH Dave R

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

Possibly the inline water filter is blocked. This usually means disconnecting the shower from the water supply . The filter is just on the shower inlet. Some showers have a cover you can unscrew to get at the filter but I haven't seen these on tritons only on mira.

It's a bugger of a job anyway.

I replaced a very expensive mira shower with a cheap triton after getting fed up with replacing the relays in the mira every couple of years. I didn't use the Triton shower head though. Took the much better one off the Mira. Still not a great pressure but it does me for a swill down.

-- Alan G "The corporate life [of society] must be subservient to the lives of the parts instead of the lives of the parts being subservient to the corporate life." (Herbert Spencer)

Reply to
AlanG

Hi.

It's pretty bad at all settings - no discernable difference on 1 than on 7. Just a dribble really, enough to get you wet and no more (well, before the low pressure stuff kicks in on the shower and it turns off or goes cold anyway).

Garry

Reply to
Garry Knipe

Damnation :-/

I'll have a lookee see though, sounds possible.

I don't think I'll buy Triton again TBH. This shower has been problematic before and has had new relays / power boards / heating can / turbine (x2) put in while it was under warranty.

Perhaps it's just a lemon and I should replace it anyway?

Garry

Reply to
Garry Knipe

It's still under warranty. Well possibly as long as it's not say 6 years old. It's called your statuatory consumer rights. The sale of goods act says that the goods must be fit for the purpose they are sold for. This includes time. On the old Jimmy Young program their legal chap said a stereo should be good for 5-6 years. And if you have had problems all along...... Take it back to the shop and tell them you have had problems and you want it replaced. If they say no then send a reg. letter, then take them to small claims.

You could also get rid of it and use the combi. Neil

Reply to
Niel A. Farrow

Triton have a 2 year warranty anyway . Stuart

---------

Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me

Reply to
Stuart