Heavy mirror onto dry lined wall

I know it sounds outrageous but the recommended method is with small pads o f blue tack. A glaziers will sell you these or your local stationers. I use d this method 20 years ago to fix a 1500 x 500 mirror on to a cupboard door and it hasn't budged in all that time. They hold the mirror close to the vertical surface so all the weight is onl y transmitted downwards. As you will find out if you try, it is relatively easy to hold a mirror against a wall using light pressure only. Much easier than just holding it by its bottom edge.

Bring on the doubters and nay sayers.

Experience speaks louder than words.

Reply to
fred

of blue tack. A glaziers will sell you these or your local stationers. I u sed this method 20 years ago to fix a 1500 x 500 mirror on to a cupboard do or and it hasn't budged in all that time.

nly transmitted downwards. As you will find out if you try, it is relativel y easy to hold a mirror against a wall using light pressure only. Much easi er than just holding it by its bottom edge.

bet they've cheapened the recipe since 20 years ago ;>)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K