Heatproof sleeving

The room I am redecorating has two pairs of wall lights. The supply cable runs to the first in each pair and on to the second. Each light comes with 3 short lengths of sleeving, presumably heatproof. This is fine for the second fitting in each pair, but I'd need at least 5 pieces in the first of each pair to protect the incoming and outgoing cables assuming I run both earth wires through one sleeve. Can anybody suggest where I might get some of this sleeving? The sleeves are all white - is it OK with the regs to use this instead of standard green/yellow earth sleeve on the earth wires? I suppose I could get some fat earth sleeve or tape to cover it. I suspect it may all be white so that it doesn't show through the translucent glass shade. Otherwise an alternative might be to use my 6 pieces of heatproof white sleeve for the 6 live and neutral wire ends and use standard earth sleeve for the earth wires. This may all seems a bit pedantic but I'd be interested in your views.

Any wholesaler should have it - TLC charge 0.86p per metre for both red and black. I've not seen green/yellow - if the earth goes to the lampholder and will get hot, use some black with a bit of green/yellow tape at the 'cold' end.
CA HRS 4 B or R
www.tlc-direct.co.uk
--
*Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites?

Tut tut. I did, of course, mean 86p or 0.86gbp.
--
*Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.

Dang. I had planned to buy several km and sell it at immense profit. ;-)
Christian.
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:42:14 UTC, "Christian McArdle"

Reminds me of a used hard drive on ebuyer recently. Some muppet had entered it as 560kg in weight instead of 560g.
The system let you buy it, but the carriage charge was in the hundreds, with a special surcharge too!
--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...

Thanks for your help. I found the black and red stuff at TLC in my searches but I'd convinced myself that I wanted white by then. Suprisingly, I found some white sleeve today at the local Beatmeup&Quick - 1.26 for 1m . I will put some green/yellow tape at the cold end as advised.
Kevin Webb.