Heatmiser programable thermostat

It must be that time of year judging by the thread count, thermostats seem to be hot (sorry it was just too tempting).

Does anyone have experience of this digistat or it's brothers?

look a bit more expensive than the mainstream ones. It pretty neat looking and only 13mm, not much more than a plate switch, fairly flush mounted. Ooooh - a blue back light. Also an optional separate timed circuit control for £5 over the base model. A remote control (seems very pointless to me).

Reply to
Toby

No experience but looking at the spec it is limited compared to the likes of a TP75 or CM67.

Pluses:

Does HW control. Price (about half that of a TP75 or CM67).

Minuses:

Only 4 set room temps/day, others have 6 (*).

5/2 day programming only, 7 day is more flexable and can emulate 5/2 if you want.

1C resolution, this might mean you have large enough temperature variations to be noticeable. Our TP75 has 0.5C resolution and holds the temp within a 1C range of the set point. I suspect 1C resolution would mean a 2C holding range. My thinking, Set point 20C, boiler will not come on until temp is 19C, turns off at 20C but because of thermal interia may well under and over shoot by 0.5C.

Need to wire HW circuit to and from the room stats location. HW control is normally just a time switch and can be anywhere. A room stat has to be in a sensible place in the building to control the temperature. 4 core an earth minimum (L, N, HW On, CH on) may be more depending on how your CH/HW system is works/wired.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice