heating system

I am looking at how to design a heating system and there are a few things that I need help on. If I have the heat loss from a room(W) the desired temperature of the room(c) how would I get from those figures back to a flow/return temperature in the radiator?

I know that the rads are designed on a 50 degree temp difference between the ambient air and the mean water temp in the rad, and that mean water temp is made up from the flow/return temps but if I was looking at the design of the initial heat source would I just design for an approximate heat output and then size the rad around this output or are there some definite calcs that can be done.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Reply to
paulend

There is a thread at the mo' about a heat calcs. That is you first step. What sort of DHW do you want? mains pressure? Other?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

could you give me the link to the other thread? There is no DHW needed, it is purely space heating

Cheers

Reply to
paulend

long thin "radiator"